Thesis 2: Module 1

Thesis 2: Activity / User Testing Research Methods
Identify three possible research methods, and briefly outline why you think each technique may work. Give feedback and suggestions to your classmates on their plans. Turn your post(s) into a process blog entry and post a live link to this entry by the end of this module.
Although "Focus Group" is one of the research methods in Universal Methods of Design, I am going to use my focus group as participants for the below research methods:

1) Questionnaire: This one can extend past my focus group to other people to answer in a convenient way. I can provide questions with either multiple questions, open ended, or both — all of which will help me get an in-depth knowledge of people's feelings/experiences with my products or others like mine in the market today.

2) Prototyping: This will primarily be for the updated app deliverable. I think having a hands-on experience for the app will help the focus group members connect with the product more. Also, I can get an in-depth understanding on how the buttons/pages function well for their user experience. I could also do this for packaging if I have time to incorporate Adobe Aero for augmented reality, which I think would help the focus group see the whole design up-close. 

3) The Love Letter + Breakup Letter: This method can be used for both packaging and app design. I think it can engage the focus group members and let them unleash their creativity while helping me gauge how they feel about my products.
This module I focused on updating my branding materials and my Materials Matrix. I did a mood board for 3 three types of packaging I'm planning on doing, but wanted to get approval first before proceeding with sketching. 


In Thesis 1 I worked on creating a brand for my project: A luxury CBD candy brand called “210 Confección.” During the class I created Deliverables 1 (Branding/business system) and 3 (app).
I decided to change a few things with my deliverables. Prior, I was going to do flavors into 3 categories: fruit, caramel, and chocolate. But, I instead decided to focus on chocolate while still using the unique "Texican" flavors San Antonians would enjoy such as CBD churro chocolate, Mexican chocolate, and much more. I've included a list of possible CBD chocolate flavors in my presentation. 
I will consult with my focus group on their feedback for flavors.
The reason for this change is that I was looking into luxury candy, and most searches came up with chocolate brands. I remember from my focus group in Thesis 1, that they were saying how much they would love to see more chocolate varieties of CBD edibles instead of the typical fruity variety. Since 210 Confección deals with luxury CBD edibles, I believe focusing on chocolate, while still using unique flavors will still make it a marketable brand. There will be about 18 different flavors categorized by 3 chocolate mediums: CBD chocolate bars, CBD Truffles, and CBD hot chocolate. Having a variety of CBD edible chocolate will cater to many people, especially those new to CBD.
The chocolate bars will be packaged in folded boxes while the truffles will be in distinguished boxes with lids. The CBD hot chocolate will be in a tin (similar to instant tea), and will have individualized bags (also like tea) so the dosage of CBD will be controlled. 
I do think exploring possible ideas for other CBD edibles releases should be alluded to in the website, something like a "see what's coming next" sort of reveal. 

Instead of creating the packaging by hand, I will be using Adobe Dimension to create 3D mock-ups so there will be more free-range to explore the possibilities of custom packaging while being inline with 
210 Confección's image. I plan to later utilize Augmented Reality (via Adobe Aero) to showcase the packaging to viewers on the website, but this may be done next class. Showing the customers packaging via AR would create a positive and memorable user experience since they wouldn't have to leave their house or guess how big a product is. Plus they can read the ingredients and preview the product before purchasing. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TFIs update

Thesis 3: Module 10

Thesis 3: Module 8